- Get pre-qualified with a lender. This ensures you are not looking at houses you cannot afford, saving you time and frustration. In addition, any offer you make will be stronger if you can include a pre-approval letter with your offer. Most lenders will provide one free of charge.
- Shop lenders and don’t always go for the best rate, customer service varies greatly among lenders and you want to be sure you get top service.
- Don’t buy above your means. The general rule of thumb is to buy no more than 2.5 x your salary. In this economy, the last thing you need is additional stress in making a payment
- Buy in a good school district. Even if you don’t have kids in school, it protects your resale value.
- Use a Realtor. Not all sales agents are Realtors. The difference is that Realtors have to agree to abide by a code of ethics and receive ethics training every two years.
- Research first-time home buyer incentives and credits that may apply to you.
View Gainesville Homes for Sale
Browse hundreds of homes in the Gainesville area.
Agents in North Florida
Need help selling your home? Find an experienced agent.
View Ocala Homes for Sale
Browse hundreds of homes in the
Figure out your budget and payments for your dream home.